Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I used about half a cup of vegetable oil, and about a fourth of a cup water, with a bit of red food coloring. I placed the water/oil concoction, into a glass pie plate. I then used a clamp light attached to my camera's tripod, to light the concoction, from below, and at a slight angle.

Camera was my trusty 350d, and the lens, was actually two lens's... I reverse mounted my Canon 50mm F1.4 to my Sigma 105mm F2.8 Macro.

Once I got the photos into Photoshop, I used the "color balance" tool, to make all the colors as wacky as they are.
oil n water 104

oil n water 054

oil n water 076

oil n water 080

oil n water 107

oil n water 052

oil n water 126

oil n water 125

oil n water 121

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, it's Tasty from The Forum. I'm spamming this to you across Facebook, MySpace and The Forum just to cover the bases.

I'm wondering if you would be willing to let me use one of your gun photos. I'd like to use it as the centerpiece of a spread on how the economy is actually helping the gun business. I work at a newspaper and this would be on the front page on Sunday.

I don't think I'd be able to get you money, but I'm not asking you to go out and shoot anything specifically for this either (unless you really wanted to). I will give you more details of the type of shot I'm thinking of, but from what I remember, I know you have a few options that would work. You would, of course, be credited.

Let me know if you would be interested. My number is (860) 539-9416. I would need to know one way or the other by tomorrow (Saturday, November 15th) afternoon.

Thanks!

-Brett

gba said...

nice...